Thursday, January 7, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower


Today started with an amazing purple sky and still the wind here continues and keeps it a bit too cold to let the littles play outside in the beautiful sunshine.
My little man and I were up most of the night doing the dance of beds. I am trying to convince him to sleep in his own bed. I was never going to allow my kids to sleep with me, however with my health issues these past few months it was just too hard to deal with getting up for him so he joined me. And now the fun starts of getting him back in his shared room with little girly. He also had a fever this morning that seems to have gone away with the help of some meds.

So, I must confess, I hate cauliflower, or at least I used to hate cauliflower. Not a big fan of it at all. It was always just so bland. I only ever had it boiled and then with the trusty cheese sauce. So really any nutritional value went out the window. I don't know where I heard of this, like most things I cook. But once I tried it, there was no turning back!
This is so simple!


You need, salt, pepper, olive oil (grape seed oil or extra virgin work also) and of course the cauliflower and a pan and your oven at 350


-chop up the cauliflower into the size of pieces you like
-I then put mine into an older cake pan with about 2" sides, but you can use any oven safe dish you like
-drizzle a healthy amount of the olive oil over it
-add salt and pepper
-give it a mix and add any more of the oil, salt or pepper that you think it needs

Put it in the oven for an hour, stirring once or twice.
I normally will cook the cauliflower if I'm already using the oven and there is room beside the other dish

This is the finish product of one head of cauliflower. I love the taste of it roasted and there is no need for the cheese sauce!
Try it and let me know how you like it!

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely try it. I'm not a big fan of cauliflower either, but that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm , I will try the cauliflower some time too. maybe yummy with a dash of curry in addition to the salt and pepper??

    May I ask ... what health issues are you struggling with ...?

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. about the sleeping in the bed thing... Mine do that too. What we ended up doing was putting a 'bed' on the floor in our room for them to sleep in. For a while there we had 2 extra's in the bed. Our oldest one thought the 'bed' idea was horrible when we told them and slept in his own bed for the first time in months, our second on the other hand thought that this was a fabulous idea and just wanted to start the night off there!
    It is so very tiring, the last thing I want to do at night is the bed shuffle. I am still trying to get the youngest to sleep in his own bed all night, we tried christmas lights in their room and finally M. left the closet light on for him. It helped a little but.. those nasty bad dreams.


    rachel

    ReplyDelete