Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Throw Together


I had received
a Spaghetti Squash
from my sister
we enjoy spaghetti squash
but I wasn't sure
what I wanted to do with it
so I threw somethings together
and had an amazing meal
AMAZING

I started with
2 carrots
small head of broccoli
one onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of grapeseed oil
pepper
roasted for 30 min at 400
stirring once or twice
if you have
never roasted vegetables
you really must try it
they are so good


I cooked up some hamburger
added a 398ml can of diced tomatoes
one teaspoon-ish curry powder
a few large tablespoons of Ricotta cheese


I decided to add
a few handfuls of spinach
to wilt down


cooked 1/2 a spaghetti squash
in the microwave
for about 8 minutes
use a fork
to remove the squash
add the the roast veggies


then add the meat mixture
and about a cup of
shredded mozzarella cheese
mix it all up
dump it into
a casserole dish



then add some more cheese
mozzarella and Parmesan
it's extra yummy
girly thought it
might need more carrots


bake in the already hot oven
basically just until
the cheese melts
I turned it to broil
for just a few minutes
to brown it up a bit


this was so so YUMMY
it didn't need any
extra seasoning
and it was easy


we all loved it
well, I say all
as in those of us
who actually tried it
girly
she wouldn't try it
but she's been
on a dinner strike
for about 2 weeks
she ends up spending
most of dinner
in a timeout


the little girl's dinner
is waiting in the fridge
we'll see how she
likes it for breakfast
I purposely gave them
a small lunch
of just popcorn
and no afternoon snack
I'm really not worried
just annoyed
it's good food!


2 comments:

  1. Your meals always look delicious. I wish I was that creative with food. Raina looks adorable with pigtails. I'm wondering if it's a phase she's going through? Maybe because of her age...Joaquin hasn't wanted to eat lately either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Your little girl looks so cute in pigtails. I've never tried spaghetti squash, I really want to after seeing this recipe though.

    ReplyDelete