Monday, February 7, 2011

Easy Indian Butter Chicken


I am always
looking for an
authentic Butter Chicken Recipe
if you have tried
butter chicken
chances are you love it
I just wish I could
make it like the restaurant
we order it from

So when this was delivered
to my email in box
I was going to give it a try

Easy Indian Butter Chicken
click on the title
for the original recipe
here is my version

1/4 cup butter
1 onion, minced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (15 ounce) strained tomatoes
1 can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks

saute the butter onion and garlic
until just browned


add the tomatoes


add the evaporated milk


add the salt
I used half the amount
2 teaspoons sounded
like a lot


garam masala
I increased this amount
for the flavour


add the cayenne pepper
I cut the amount
I was worried about
it being to much spice
for my little ones


I simmered this
while I cut up the chicken
then added the still frozen chicken
to the sauce
brought it to a boil
and simmered it
for half an hour


I served this with
some indian rice
the recipe will be
posted tomorrow
I had high hopes
to make some nice
indian naan
but I didn't plan
my day well
so I used pita shells
heated over an open flame
this worked great


We all enjoyed this
it was very close
to what I've been
trying to achieve
it's missing something
I'm just not sure what
also
I would not cook
the chicken directly
in the sauce
this chicken caused
the sauce to have
a different texture


even my little man
ate a bunch
he thought it was great
to roll it up in the pita
he loves wraps
so this worked great


girly
if there is a bread
on the table
she doesn't tend to
eat much of anything else
so I don't often serve bread
she ate the pita
later she ate the chicken
to which I had to make
many different animal noises
in order to convince her
but it worked

1 comment:

  1. I've had this exact same recipe bookmarked for a long time now, and am actually planning to do it soon! Looking forward to your rice recipe.

    ReplyDelete