Saturday, February 5, 2011

Granola Cookies with Carob


Cookies
YUM
everyone enjoys
a good cookie
this one caught my eye

Granola Cookies
this recipe is with my change ups
click on the above link
for the original recipe
1 cup Butter
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 whole Eggs
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
2 cups Granola, Crushed
1 cup Organic Rice Puff Cereal
3/4 cup Malted Carob

Preheat oven to 350F.

Using your mixer, cream butter. Add sugars and continue to cream. Add vanilla, beat until smooth and creamy


Add one egg at a time, mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes


remind your helper it's not yet time
to like the bowl


Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in separate bowl, then gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture until combined.


Add in granola,rice cereal, malted carob chips. This will get thick and hard to stir; make sure you take the time to incorporated these add-ins well. Feel free to add more nuts or dried fruits.


At this point
your helper can
have the mixer paddle


I found it easiest
to just use my hands
to put the cookies
on the cookie sheets
if you are using metal cookie sheets
line them with parchment paper
I make my cookies
on the smaller side
as smaller people
will be eating them
make sure you flatten
the cookie dough


these cookies
depending on the type
of cookie sheet
took about 15 - 20 minutes to bake
and tasted soooo GOOD


my kids have been
eating them up
and they were
easy and fast
just my style

No comments:

Post a Comment