Monday, February 28, 2011

Shamless Self Promotion



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
YUP
That's right
today
is my birthday


This is my
Shameless Self Promotion
I have found that
if I don't plan things
for this day
I will put unrealistic expectations
on my husband and others
and end up disappointed


I'm not happy with getting older
who really is
but I'm happy to celebrate
why not
and what better reason
than a birthday


So now that I sound
completely self involved
I need to say how blessed
I am with my amazing family
my two wonderful kids
who make me laugh
everyday


And my amazing husband
who has stood by me
thru the thick and thin
all the ugly in marriage
and all the beauty
a marriage produces

Today is my happy day
I'll be in line
at the service canada office
to get our passports
but still
it is my happy day

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! You self promote all you want! I do it all the time - even when it's not my birthday! :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tara! I'll admit, I hate feeling like my body is falling apart as I get older, but I do love being so much more confident in who I am! May God bless this year for you! And good for you for planning a day that makes you feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tara!!! May all your wishes you wish today come true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late! Happy Birthday, Tara! I love that you so boldly celebrate yourself and the life you lead - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Tara!
    I hope your birthday was everything you wished for...and more!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete