Monday, February 21, 2011

Whole Wheat Zucchini and Carrot Muffins


I found the recipe
on the Tasty Kitchen Site
I changed it a bit
and we are enjoying the
yummy muffins

Whole Wheat Zucchini and Carrot Muffins

⅓ cup Rolled Oats
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
⅓ cups Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
½ teaspoons Salt
1-½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Grated Zucchini
1 1/2 cups Grated Carrot
1 cup Buttermilk
2 whole Eggs
¼ cups Butter, Melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Stir together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl


Fold in the grated zucchini and mix until it is well coated with the dry ingredients




In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter


Fold into dry ingredients stirring just until combined


Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups


Bake about 20 minutes

The original recipe
calls for a struesel topping
I didn't add this
but I would next time
these muffins are not sweet
I normally would cut
the amount of sugar
but I didn't this time
as it was such a small amount already
the struesel would add
a touch of sweetness
these were good
even without the sweetness


in other news
we added to our tribe
my sister gave us
a little fish tank
so the kids each
have a little gold fish
my little man
named his Dinosaur
my little girly
named hers fish
little Lily
she likes them


I also got a fish
Simon
he's in solitary
he should have been okay
with the gold fish
but he must have decided
their fins were too pretty
so he attacked them - a lot
here is little Lily
checking him out

No comments:

Post a Comment