Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Patties


I heart Pinterest
there, I've said it
and this is one of my 'pins'
for our meatless meal this week


Cheesy Quinoa Patties with a Roasted Garlic and Lemon Aioli

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked quinoa
2/3 cup grated fontina cheese (I used medium cheddar and Parmesan)
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 egg, lightly beaten (I used 2 eggs)
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste

aioli:

½ cup light mayonnaise
1 head of garlic, roasted
1 lemon, zested and juiced
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. For the cakes: Place all ingredients, except for the oil, into a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. Season with salt and allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Pour oil into a large sauté pan and place over medium heat.
3. Form ¼ cup patties with the quinoa mixture and place in the heated sauté pan. (this will have to be done in batches)
4. Cook quinoa cakes for about 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties until all of the cakes have been cooked. Set aside.
5. For the aioli: Place all ingredients into a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and serve alongside the warm quinoa cakes.

I found these hard to get to stay into patties

my kids didn't even blink, but just ate


my husband really enjoyed them
I actually didn't like them
not sure why
but I was the only one who didn't
I'm really glad I tried them
one thing to make off
on my PIN board


No comments:

Post a Comment