Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday #2




Last week was fantastic! I was able to totally stick to the plan until Friday. We did leftovers as hubby and I took off for Saturday night and then Sunday night, still being in the escape mode, we ordered in...
So the highlight of last week was the casserole of Chicken, Rice, Broccoli and spinach. I added curry powder at the last minute and did roasted cauliflower on the side



I thought the casserole would last my hubby for two nights of leftovers at work, but he ate it all that night!
So this week, I want to eat as much as I can from what I have in the house. We'll have a salad or cut veggies with each meal. So here goes




Monday - We'll do pizza's again, I have enough meat from last week and still a bunch of veggies and cheese. I only need to get the crusts


Tuesday - Hamburger and Hash brown casserole. I have everything on hand for this one and I hope this will give hubby leftovers for the next 4 nights of work


Wednesday - Jazzed up grilled cheese and tomato soup - I'll jazz it up with tomatoes, onions and a few other things on hand - this will be our meatless meal this week


Thursday - Home Breaded chicken strips and homemade fries - I have everything for this



Friday - Pasta with a homemade white cheese sauce, peppers, onions and farmer sausage


Saturday - Lentil soup - I'll pick up the organic mix at Ralph's



Sunday - left overs


So I hope to do better than last week!


I'm hoping to also get back into making bread. So my goal this week is to make a batch of bread, if I get to it, I'll be sure to post about it.


I find it hard to make lunches for the kidlets and myself. Any ideas would be helpful. Leftovers are not generally an option. We do a lot of egg and spinach scrambles. But if anyone has any fantastic ideas, let me know.

Check out a ton more Menu Plans at the Organizing Junkie!

7 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great! Do you have a good recipe for home breaded chicken strips? Mine always turn out mushy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu looks great this week. It's always hard for me, too, to depend on leftovers for my lunches - as soon as there's something I really, really want to take to work the next day, there usually isn't enough left over!

    We just made a batch of burritos the other day - I started by cooking a pound of dried beans, then scrounged around in the freezer for some cooked beef and cheese, then rolled the tortillas up and individually wrapped them, so they'll make great emergency lunches, either for me, or for my husband, when he's home at lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit and I LOVE your new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy!! Good for you...I hope to write up a menu for this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great menu plan monday!! Thank you so much for sharing! I love new ideas!! www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I have also made a plan but not near as fancy as yours. Today it's meat and potatoes again - but I do have a freezer full of meat so might as well use it. Keep it up and we'll keep supporting you.

    ReplyDelete