Monday, January 25, 2010

Roasted Broccoli



I had a lot of good feedback about the roasted cauliflower, except for ONE person...and you know who you are....
So here is the roasted Broccoli...it's soooo good, really. MMMM



You need Broccoli, Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used Grapeseed Oil as I prefer the taste)
A baking pan with sides
The oven heated to 350

Cut up the broccoli into bit size pieces and put into the pan and add the EVOO or Grapeseed oil and toss it together to coat the broccoli

Mince up the Garlic



add the garlic and the salt and pepper to the broccoli


Roast it in the oven for about 25 minutes. It will turn all brown and crispy...mmmm



My kids both loved it and the little man kept eating it up



And according to my Menu, today was the fish day...I really really don't like fish....still....really I don't. But it's what we do for our kids right.....try to teach them what is good for them....so I suck it up and eat it with out complaining...honest even with yummy sounding topping, I still don't like it...

3 comments:

  1. I love love love roasted broccoli! I just started making it last year and I really can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I'm not a huge fish eater either so I squeeze a ton of lemon juice on it...seems to take a way the fishy taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, the fish doesn't look so bad! That is gourmet compared to the boring stuff we buy! Hope you managed to swallow it all down. Way to take one for the team so your kids will become good eaters. . .(it doesn't seem to have any consistency in our house--one day they love a meal, the next they hate it!)

    ReplyDelete