Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hashbrown Casserole




I love a good hashbrown Casserole
I find it very homey
comforting

I cut up 1/2 a large onion
4 large cloves of garlic
and with some ground beef
I threw it all in a skillet
(I like the work skillet)



Lily came to visit
she wanted to make sure
that she wasn't missing anything
she is so darn cute



I chopped up
some zucchini
some celery
and some beans
I didn't cook them
but left them raw
so they would add some crunch
after the casserole cooked



I used a small bag of shredded hashbrowns
a can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk
about a cup of sour cream
and mixed the meat mixture
the cut raw veggies
all together



I then topped it with
some sharp Cheddar cheese
some crispy fried onions
some crushed up croutons
and some seasoning salt
I cooked it at 350
until it bubbled



This was okay
not great
I needed to spice it up
the beef while cooking
and the hashbrowns while mixing
We used hot sauce
you need to use your imagination
it can be a fantastic family meal


Lily made sure to come back
to ensure we ate it up
and didn't leave her any



Diego of course
was looking for some dinner
girly is an animal lover like her momma
she tries to feed the animals at dinner
every night
they all love her



we had some fantastic entertainment with dinner
I made sure to document it
so I could share it




We have had some dog issues
and not had the best of luck
mostly because
I'm not a seasoned dog owner
I didn't know how to choose a dog
to fit our family
I've worked with an amazing trainer
for about 2 years
today she came to meet
Chance, an American bulldog
we are hoping to rescue
we have him for a week
My trainer Jill
she has been so patient and understanding
encouraging and kind
she has given so much of her time
to help me
to make me a better dog owner
Jill has given her seal
of approval on Chance
now we just need to decide



so far he has been amazing
and fits in well with our family
we are enjoying him
and of course the girly loves him to bits
and is forever sitting on him
and following him around



As I type this
Chance is snoring
VERY loudly
on the floor beside me
makes me giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment