Friday, November 5, 2010

Cacio e Pepe (Pasta with Black Pepper)


Cacio e Pepe (Pasta with Black Pepper)
I made this pasta dish
on Monday
and let me just say
it was very yummy
the original recipe
is on the Tasty Kitchen site
I really like that site

Ingredients
•½ pounds Spaghetti Noodles (I used whole wheat)
•1 Tablespoon Butter
•½ cups Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese, Divided Use
•1 teaspoon Salt
•2 teaspoons Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, Divided Use

I boiled the pasta
then used a 1/2 cup
of the pasta liquid
with the butter
and brought that
to a boil


then added the cooked pasta
about 1/2 the cheese
1/2 the pepper
and folded this all together


transferred to a serving dish
topped with the remaining cheese
and pepper


this was served up
with a salad
and roast chicken
it was super yummy
loved by all
and EASY
this will be made again
next time however
I'll use parmesan cheese
only because I always
have it on hand



my menu plans
are uninspired lately
next week
I'll try
to make it more exciting
fingers crossed
we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment