Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Not Delivery




I made the dough
and made the pizza
frankly,
I'm amazed that I did
but after I had
a half hour nap
I was revived

I scoured the
Tasty Kitchen site
and found this
Five Minute Pizza Dough
it look promising
and easy
just to be clear
the five minute part
is the time to rise
not the time to assemble

I love my kitchen aid
it's so handy

I warmed up the bowl
with hot water before
I started
then I added
1 cup of hot water
1 Tbsp rapid rise Yeast
I turned my mixer on low
to mix it up


I then added
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
and mixed it up


Then I added
the 2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup at a time
mixing on medium
the dough
it didn't look
to promising
I was nervous
it was very crumbly
it did not look promising


I took it out
and worked all
the bits together
threw it back into
the mixer
turned it on high
and let it work
it turned out
thankfully


and the yummy
toppings
ham
salami
3 cheeses
onion
tomato


the dough
after sitting
for five minutes


I'm really not sure
what happened to
my rolling pin
I have a feeling
it made it's way outside
when we had our
dog that chewed things
just a guess
that a little
dark haired boy
helped it outside
but I have no proof
just this


so I rolled out the dough
avoiding slivers
this dough was
easy to work with
it was very nice


oh and today
here was my helper
I'm sure she was
just around waiting
for me to drop food
but the company was nice
she doesn't talk back
she just watches me
with adoring eyes


and the assembly
of the yummy pizza




baked at 450
for about 20 minutes
and delicious
is served



and of course
my little man
needed to demonstrate
just how the stegogaurus
eats all the plants


later
I came down
to get the kidlets
ready for bed
and I found girly
like this
her hair was a disaster
but she wore
the glasses
for a good long time

2 comments:

  1. That looks better than any Pizza delivery I have bought! I need to put that on my weekend menu.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara :) Your pizza looks delicious. I've made quite a few homemade pizzas for my family, and have never thought to use salami... It sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete