Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Creamy Pasta with Lemon Pepper Chicken


This recipe was on
my menu plan for two weeks
and I finally got to it
I found this recipe
over at Michelle's Recipe Box

Creamy Pasta with Lemon Pepper Chicken
I used 3 large chicken breasts
with salt and pepper
and I baked them in the oven
until they were done
sliced/chopped them up

salt and pepper
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
4 cloves of garlic minced
the zest of one lemon
the juice of one lemon
spaghetti to feed my family
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
I didn't have parsley
so we went without that

Boil the water for the pasta
add the pasta when it's boiling

heat the oil in a pan
add the minced garlic
and the lemon juice
cook until the juice
cooks down then
add the cooked chicken
cook on low
until ready to add
to the pasta


then add the lemon zest


to the ricotta cheese
and the Parmesan cheese


before you drain the pasta
reserve 2 cups of the liquid
to the drained pasta
add the cheese and lemon zest
mix together with 1/2 cup
of the reserved liquid
add the chicken
add more water as needed


I found spaghetti
was very hard to mix
and get the cheese mixture
all combined nice
serve with a salad


My family
they really enjoyed
this entire meal
it was very good



here is a little update
on our Lily kitty
she's slowly growing
but not catching up to
our huge Tonka cat

No comments:

Post a Comment