Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade Granola




I like Granola
my kids like granola
my husband likes granola
I made granola
it is good
we had it for lunch
with yogurt

Homemade Granola
4 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup whole raw almonds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup apple sauce - I used homemade
2 tablespoons coconut oil, I melted it in the microwave
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 - 2 cups dried fruits (cranberries, cherries, apricots, dates, figs, and/or raisins) (optional)- I only used raisins


Mix all the dry ingredients
together


mix the wet ingredients
in a separate bowl
then add them to the dry
and stir until well combined


I put all this on to
parchment paper
on two cookie sheets
cooked in the middle
of the oven at 325
for 35 minutes
stirring a few times
I did over cook
the edges a bit


let it cool
stir it up
to break up
any big pieces
add your dried fruit
enjoy
but be careful
it can be addictive
if you keep it close by
store in an airtight container


the entertainment today
space helmets
even for the dog





2 comments:

  1. looks soooo good! where do you get coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get it in the natural food section of Save on, or any natural food store.
    it's very very healthy for you, I'm changing to using it more often.

    ReplyDelete