Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spiced Chai Concentrate




Chai
I love it
to have authentic Chai
ohh mmmmm
I love Soy Chai Latte
I've tried to make Chai before
but none of them
have been as good as this one
and I even forgot an ingredient!

Amazing Spiced Chai Concentrate

4-½ cups Water
1 stick Cinnamon
1 piece Fresh Ginger Chopped
7 whole Cardamom Pods
2 whole Star Anise Pods
10 whole Cloves
¼ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
½ teaspoons Freshly-ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Orange Zest
10 teaspoons Green Or Black Tea Or 10 Tea Bags
⅔ cups Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Vanilla


Bring the water to a boil. Add the spices and tea, remove from heat and let steep 15-20 minutes, depending on how strong you want it


Strain and add the brown sugar, honey, and vanilla. Stir to combine.


Mix 1 part concentrate with 1 part milk, heat and enjoy or pour over ice.
For a stronger flavor, mix 2 parts concentrate with 1 part milk or half-and-half
I mixed the chai and milk and heated this on the stove until it just started to boil


WOW
this was good
even without the GINGER
opps, yes, I forgot the ginger
I always have ginger in the house
I can't wait to make more concentrate
and be sure to add the ginger


Today, I accomplished
much
along with the Chai
I made Granola
fluffy buns
and Black Bean Burgers
but my kitchen suffered
see the container on the floor
it's parm cheese that didn't
make it into the burgers
it disappeared off the counter
I found it when I took this picture
my amazing husband cleaned the kitchen for me


this last weekend
everyone but myself
had haircuts
I do the boys
my sister, who is a hairdresser
gave girly her first haircut
girly got a lot of her hair cut off
here they are
on their pirate ship matey

1 comment:

  1. yum! I'm going to try that for sure. I've tried a store bought concentrate before but it was very chemical-y. This looks so good. I even have ginger. :)

    ReplyDelete