Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lime Chicken


I found an interesting
recipe for Lime Chicken
it looked easy
I made changes
to work for us

Lime Chicken Wraps

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
zest of 2 limes
juice of 2 limes
1 cup of honey Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon soy sauce

I was making a very large amount
so I could also give this away
I baked the chicken
at 350 until done
about 30-45 minutes

I cut up a large onion
diced 4 cloves of garlic
cooked with coconut oil


added some very yummy
very colorful
vegetables


cook the vegetables
until tender crisp
slice up the chicken
add to the veggies

mix up the sauce

the lime zest
and lime juice
just before the
soy sauce and
honey Dijon mustard
are added


add the sauce
to the chicken
and vegetables
BUT
when I tasted this
it was VERY limey
I was worried
I took a minute
and decided I needed
to make these into wraps
to make them work
I mixed in the brown rice
then we had this on wraps
with sour cream and cheese
this saved the meal


I was nervous
I was sending this to a family
I hope they liked it
my family
actually
very much enjoyed the meal
as wraps, this was very good
my little man loves wraps
next time
I would do more vegetables
then chicken and rice
but that's because I want
more color in a meal


No comments:

Post a Comment