Sunday, February 12, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Last week I did fairly good with my menu plan. 
I did change a few things up, instead of the Pasta Toss, I just made a very yummy spaghetti with italian sausage, I did make the Cheesy Quinoa Patties, but again, I didn't make the Egg Tortilla, once I read the entire post with the instructions, it was just to much work for me that day, so I made my family some fancy omlettes with Egg and Potato and veggies, they loved them.

I'm part of an organic vegetable co-op and this week, I ordered 3 heads of cauliflower.  I never buy cauliflower and now I have 3 heads!  I'm not sure what I was thinking.  However, I had 'pinned' a few cauliflower recipes to try, so I guess I'll make them ALL this week......

MONDAY
meatless


Pasta Shells with Cauliflower
Salad

TUESDAY
Valentine's Day
meatless
'Pink' Pannekoek (Dutch Pancake with food coloring)
my family loves pannekoek and I'll set the table with candles
and a some other valentine things

WEDNESDAY

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
with turkey pepperoni and cheese
cut veggies on the side

THURSDAY
TACOS!  A family Favorite
with homemade Tortilla Shells
Cut Veggies

FRIDAY

Cauliflower Fritters
Farmer Sausage
Salad

SATURDAY
Soup from the freezer
salad

SUNDAY
left overs

Be sure to check out the Organizing Junkie
each Monday morning for more menu planning ideas

5 comments:

  1. one of my favorite cauliflower recipes is pureed cauliflower; steam it and then puree it with a bit of veg stock and/or milk and season with salt and pepper. it tastes so much like mashed potatoes but is better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those cauliflower fritters sure sound good, looking forward to the recipe. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Tara! I buy the cauliflower for 99 cents when it's getting a bit brown or whatever and they have to put it on the discount shelf. I scrape it off with the knife and good to go! Esther loves it raw. Never thought to be so creative like you! I just steam it. :) Boring dutch woman I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love cauliflower around our house. I always eat it roasted with garlic on it.. This just made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never cooked cauliflower, but I'm looking to expand our recipes and add more veggies! Thanks for stopping by my page yesterday!

    ReplyDelete