Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I don't have a recipe today. But rather I thought I would share with you a few things I tried out for this dinner last week. And it turned out amazing!!

The little produce store I shop at always has a buggy with discount items. Often discounted organic salad dressing that is just about to expire. The dressing is normally over $4 and they discount it for $0.99. So I normally buy some and I use them as an easy marinade for meat on the BBQ. Last week I picked up a peanut butter dressing and a green garlic dressing. I used the peanut butter one here and as we speak I have my chicken marinating in the green garlic dressing to BBQ today.


Something else I tried for the first time while BBQing last week was to put sweet potatoes (or yams, however you want to call them, but they are the BRIGHT ORANGE ones) straight onto the BBQ. I just washed them and put them on direct heat and made sure to turn them. They were soooooo good. The skins basically lift away from the flesh on the inside so you just cut them open and scope out the yummy potato. I don't need to add anything to these they are soo good and sooooo healthy for you.

I also cut up a granny smith apple and put it directly on the grill. So good and sweet. I've done this before with a few different fruits. Our favorite is the nectarine and pineapple. If you've never grilled fruit on the BBQ I highly recommend it. I'm sure once you try it you'll love it.

And I grilled some Zucchini. I just put it directly on the grill again. But if you want to add some flavor you can toss in some Olive oil or grape seed oil with a few spices and it tastes good to.

this dinner was all done on the BBQ with the exception of the salad of course! It was really very very good. Make good use of your BBQ, you can cook most anything on it.

Let me know if you've tried something interesting on the grill and if it worked out. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Today, I'm going to try Kale Chips that my beautiful cousin by love sent me a link to. I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out!

For more Tempt my Tummy Tuesday click on the link!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I love pineapple on the grill, but have honestly never though of apples. I'm going to have to try that!

    Also, I hate to bug you but I need to put the order in for the produce bags. If you don't mind sending me your info so I can give it to June that would be great. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete