Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Natural Cleaning



I try to do little things to stay healthy and do the best for my family. I read a review some time ago about soap nuts and using them for laundry soap. This are really actually nuts! I've been using them for over a year and I really do like them.


Both of my kids and myself suffer with some Eczema. My girly had it by 5 weeks and my son had it very bad at 5 months and I suffer off and on with it on my hands. I was using the natural laundry soap from costco, but it still had added scent, which wasn't a good thing for eczema. I then went to the Tide all natural, but found it fairly pricey.


I love these soap nuts, they are all natural and I know I'm not adding anything more to my septic system and environment. I found that all our clothes are softer and there is no smell of harsh chemicals or added scents (which can sometimes affect me). You put the nuts into a little bag they provide and one little bag with 4 soap nuts will wash 4-5 loads of laundry! It works out to be fairly inexpensive.


On the down side, I have to remember to pull the small bag out of the wash machine while I'm transferring to the dryer. And I find that I have to rewash some of the kid's clothes if I missed stains.

However, in talking with a friend she mentioned it might be the prior stains being brought out that were not fully removed by the regular detergent. Either way, the stains always come out with no extra effort, just maybe a small amount of spray and wash.

The people over at the soap nuts company have assured me that they are working on a stain spray when I questioned them about it. So I'm excited to try that when it's available

If you are concerned about the environment or what your kids are exposed to, I recommend that you give them a try. If the idea of the soap nuts doesn't interest you; they have made it into a liquid that is 18x concentrate. And it's 1/2 price until March 1st! Why not try it when you can save money!!



And just a little extra incentive...they usually send a cute little sample of something with your order. I also use the face wash and face moisturizer. I really like them both.

Head over to the NaturOli website and see what they have to offer. Most of their items have more than one use. I'm looking forward to trying some more of what they have.

1 comment: