Saturday, February 20, 2010

Throw it together - Pasta Bake

The other week as I was cleaning out my freezer I realized I had an unusual amount of Tortellini in the freezer. I'm really not sure how that happened. I needed to figure out a way to use it up.
Fingers crossed I went to my fridge and cupboard and put this together.


I put the tortellini on to boil and went to work cutting up the peppers and I diced up an onion (which I of course forgot to put in the picture) and the sausage (I didn't cook it) and threw them in a large bowl along with the cream of mushroom soup, the canned mushrooms, sour cream (which I also forgot to put in the picture) and some parm cheese and monteray jack cheese

Mix it all up

Pull the pasta off just before it's fully cooked add it to the mix it in with the rest. I made enough for two dinners in the end, this is where I was really hoping it was going to taste good

I topped them both with Monterary Jack, Parm and Feta Cheese and then some dried Thyme to make it look pretty. I covered one with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Whenever I freeze a meal, I always write the date, what it is and the instructions on how to cook it. You never know who is going to cook it or if you need a meal to give away.

Put the one for dinner in the over at 350 for around 45mins or until it's bubbly and brown. Serve with what ever else you love with a baked pasta


This turned out AMAZING! My entire family loved it. I can't wait to cook my extra one. mmm yum!

2 comments:

  1. That does look amazing!!! I will definitely try it in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look very yummy! I may have to include that in future meal planning!

    ReplyDelete