Friday, June 11, 2010

#100! Wow!

In honor of my #100th post
I'm posting two things I made today
I really had no idea it was #100
it just turned out this way

This is my girly
just getting out of bed
how cute


Breakfast was a tester for me to try
Bread flattened with a rolling pin
put it in a muffin tin
add an egg
salt and pepper
cook at 400 for 15 minutes
add a slice of tomato
cook for 10 more minutes
add some cheese
cook until whites are set



the kids were not to sure about these
I liked them
my husband really loved them
I'll make them again
they were an easy breakfast



Soup has been on the menu
I was going to make it
but never got to it
today I did
A friend of mine emailed me this recipe
I changed it a bit
not much

Carrot, Potato Cheesy Soup

Saute an onion
in 2 tbs of butter


add to your food processor
1 lb of carrots
4 stalks of celery
2 small zucchini
process until fine
add to the onions


peel 4-6 medium sized potatoes
add to your food processor


add the potatoes
add 6ish cups of stock
I used vegetable and chicken
it was what I had


add some thyme
dash of hot sauce
dash of Worshishire
pinch of sugar
bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
simmer until the veggies are tender
I threw it in the food processor again
just to smooth it out
add 2ish cups of shredded cheese
2 1/2 cups milk or cream
I did half of each
simmer for a bit longer


serve
garnish with fresh parsley
I didn't have any
this was very good
it was a hit with everyone

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really tasty, can't wait to try it. Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that soup looks really good!

    ReplyDelete