Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sausage Lentil Soup


What can I say
but
YUM
seriously
this was so good

Sausage Lentil Soup
I found the recipe
on Tasty Kitchen
if you have not searched
on that site
I highly recommend that you do

Here is my version
3 Tbs of grapeseed oil
1 pkg of basil Italian sausage
-casing removed
1 onion - diced
4 cloves of garlic
-finely chopped
2 stalks of celery
- diced
2 cups chopped spinach
1 Tbs of FRESH rosemary
- finely chopped
1 Tbs of FRESH oregano
- finely chopped
1 Tbs of dried Basil
(I would have used fresh
but couldn't find any)
1 lrg can of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups dried lentils
1 carton of beef broth
shredded Parmesan cheese for topping


I broke up the sausage
while I cooked it with
the onion, garlic and oil
once it started to brown up
I added the herbs
mixed it around
then the rest of the ingredients
stirred it up
brought it to a boil
then simmered it for 2 hours
this looks wonderful


I served this
topped with the parm cheese
and my fluffy buns


this soup tasted
A M A Z I N G
I'm sure it's from
the FRESH herbs
I didn't add
any other seasoning
nothing
no salt
no pepper
nothing
go forth
and make this soup


my little man
is forever asking
for me to take his picture
so here it today's


my girly
her hair is a source
of comments and questions
whenever we go out
most often people
want to know what it looks
like if it's wet
and not so 'large'
here she is after her bath today
it stayed this 'small'
for about 15 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing this Tasty Kitchen recipe and posting pictures!

    ReplyDelete